Friday, June 4, 2010

Theater, Sock-Hop and Say Yes, Oh My!

I know, it's been forever. I had an out of town guest stay with me for a week, and I nearly exploded from all the excitement of showing him Austin for the first time. He thoroughly enjoyed it and hopes to move here one day! It was amazing being able to re-discover the things I love, and discover new things about the city. Over the course of the week, we said YES to: Toy Joy, Spiderhouse, Barton Springs, Improv at the Hideout Theatre, Clem Snide at Mohawk, random photo shoots in fields, impromptu dance parties in parking lots, Town Lake/Butler Park, Bouldin Creek Cafe, Gourdough's, Summermoon Cafe, Shakespeare in the Park, Crave Sushi, Silhouette, Casey's Snowballs (twice!), Polvo's, hanging out with random strangers in their home, Exquisite Zombie meet-up, Swing Dancing, Jalopy, Whataburger (he had never been), Magnolia, 360 Bridge (a first for me!), and literally, if there was anything else, I'm surprised we didn't explode! But I'm back now, with a new energy and enthusiasm, to tell you where to be and when!

Avoid the Rot Rally rush and attend some theater tonight!

Tonight, I'd recommend catching the last show of 69 Love Scenes at Salvage Vanguard Theater. It's at 8pm tonight and $5-10 dollars. It's loosely based on the Magnetic Fields album, 69 Love Songs. Enjoy!

Also on a theater note, Zilker Hillside Theatre is putting on "Pop's Concert in the Park" tonight at 8pm. Admission is free and the setting is family friendly. Annie will be coming to this theater in July, so stay tuned for updates!

You'll want to take it easy tonight anyway, so you can Say Yes to the Second Sunday Sock-Hop at Shangri-La. This one is super-special, because they are turning 4! Dancing starts at 9pm, but get there early and snag a free mix CD. Bring $5 to get in, and don't forget your dancing shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment