Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's Here It's Here It's Finally Here!

No, not Christmas. Juicebox & Soup Peddler! They are finally open over on South Lamar near Manchaca. I've been driving by every week drooling, waiting for the grand opening. Finally, two days ago, I drove by and found they were open! They are still working on the cute little grassy patio, but they are definitely serving up steaming hot soup and fresh squeezed juice concoctions. If you've never tried Soup Peddler before, because you're forgetful or lazy or don't want to order without trying it first (aka, you're like me), now's your chance! I went with Tomato Basil and Head Cheerleader.





They also sell healthy treats!



You can check out the Soup Peddler menu daily on the Twitter.

I got my order to go, and they put the spoon in the cup so it sticks out of the drink hole, which prevents spilling while you're speeding down Lamar to get home and eat it. I thought that was cute. The soup came with a little piece of bread that was warm and delicious and perfect for dipping. The soup is more on the chunky side than the creamy side, which I kind of like. I was digging the Head Cheerleader, fruity, not overwhelmingly sweet, and very fresh. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable as well. Most of the soups are vegan or vegetarian which makes me happy. So get out there and enjoy some hot fresh soup and fresh squeezed juice in the 78704.

No comments:

Post a Comment