Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Say Yes to slowin' down and Showdown!

Austinaughties, didn't you read my blog post about staying safe? Well, a girl from out of town didn't...and drank...and drove...herself right into my car at 6 o'clock in the morning. So yeah, she went to jail, my car is totaled, and I'm taking it easy once again. I'm definitely glad to be alive and kickin', even though I'm kickin' it like an 80 year old lady. I know you all know the dangers of drinking and driving, but once again, here is another reminder. Now someone come pick me up and drive me around Miss Daisy style!

Hell Yes Fest starts tonight! Man, I love that name. New Movement Theater is bringing us a week of comedy and classes and workshops. Some of the events are free, but check out Localiter today and get half-off your tickets!

Have ya'll heard about Showdown? Showdown is a six-part serialized improv drama playing Friday and Saturday nights at SVT. My friends won't stop blowing up the Facebooks about it, and the last show this Saturday. You have to buy your tickets now or you won't see it. Looks fun, right?


I've been psyched to see August: Osage County ever since I heard it was coming to Zach Theater. Tickets are going to be $25 for this week's shows, so get them now! Stay tuned for my review, and Hairspray is coming up in June!

So, I checked out Bar Chi yesterday for happy hour because it's on the cheap and I ain't got no damn money. Bar Chi is a new sushi joint downtown that has your regular happy hour, but also reverse happy hour, and happy hour all day Sunday. Sushi rolls are about $4-6 bucks and nigiri is $1.50 at most. They also have Bloody Sake, which I've heard is the bomb, but I haven't tried it yet. So, cheap drinks and cheap sushi. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't my favorite. Next time I'll probably just stick to the Austin roll, because they were the best out of everything we tried.

Alright, back to real life now. Have fun and be safe! When I'm feeling up to it, I'm going to start recording and posting videos about Austin-y things. Sound good? YESSS.

No comments:

Post a Comment