Thursday, April 7, 2011

Winning

Thank goodness Cheeky is having a Happy Hour event today with free eyebrow waxing, eye makeup application, and spray tanning, cause my brows are lookin' a mess and I'm whiter than Charlie Sheen's cocaine stash. Check it out from 4-7pm on W. 6th St!

After that, head over to Lambert's to check out The Damnwells, a damn fine band, playing songs from their new compact disc "No One Listens To The Band Anymore", show at 10:30pm for $10.

Friday night. Another great band, The Books, will be playing at 8pm at the amazing venue Central Presbyterian Church for under $20 bucks a ticket. I'd love to go but I gotta catch Showdown!

Carnival Ah! is coming up next week on the 12th and 13th and will take place at the Austin Community College Rio Grande Campus. Two days of jam-packed family friendly outdoor fun supporting the Arts and Humanities department and the American Sign Language department. I'm definitely interested ASL, and I'm not fluent by any means, but I know all the important signs like zebra, octopus and cookie, thanks to my Sign Language for Babies App. Check out all kinds of events including a variety of dance events, art, a short film festival, live music, ASL Poetry, and one of my favorite things in the world: an Exquisite Corpse Art Session. Enjoy the weather with your family and have fun!

Well keep it real this week and be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment