Saturday, November 5, 2011

Say Yes to No....vember

Well, there goes October, huh? Did I see you on 6th street this Halloween? You can double check here!

Getting up before 6am for work sucks. But having the night off is a welcome reward, so I try to take advantage when I can. After I get a nap in. Last night I went back to Mikado Ryotei for the tastiest Philly roll on the north side. We also tried the caterpillar roll, which I highly recommend. Service was great again as well. Be sure to ask for the special roll menu, but be warned, these rolls are extravagant and could feed a small family of four. Or one sushi monster. Accordingly known as me. For dessert we headed downtown to check out Blvd Espresso & Dessert Bar, which was supposed to be open until midnight, but they had closed early. Cute place, but I think we ended up winning at Halcyon. They were out of the Bananas Foster crepes, so that sucked, because they sounded soo good, but my Nutella crepes were dessert heaven. Thin pancakes: best idea ever? I also got the Mexican hot chocolate (with soy milk!), which is the real deal, ya'll. Real melted chocolate and all. We also tried the frozen s'mores, which was tasty, but had more of a coffee than chocolate flavor. Definitely check this place out though, there are so many adult drink combinations (s'mores martini, long island iced coffee) and delectable looking dishes (goat cheese/strawberry salad).

November is already bursting at the seems with action-packed excitement.

Tonight I'm going to SVT for improvised Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew stories, officially known as Cover to Cover. Catch it Fridays and Saturdays at 8pm through November 19th.

Sunday funday for sure. It's time again for Fun Fun Fun...Fest. I've never been! You can catch me there snappin' photos of your fun faces this Sunday. Tickets are still available and the action is happening across four stages.

Sunday is also the day to catch your favorite serial killer, Dexter playing at Jo's downtown every week.

Tuesday, I'm finally going to cross something off my bucket list and try Acupuncture for the first time. My headaches demand it. I went to the open house of South Austin Community Acupunture many many months ago, but they got booked up before I could be seen, and they were kind enough to give me a voucher. Check back for my review!


Fusebox Festival is back and kicking off with a particularly unique and interesting event called Haircuts by Children, this Thursday as part of the East Side Studio Tour (requires tickets, but it includes boatloads of fun), and again for free on Saturday and Sunday. Sign up for your free haircut here! As I normally take my hair into my own hands, I've got no problem seeing what a couple of 5th graders can come up with!

That's all I can pack into this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment