Thursday, July 5, 2012

Sundae Sunday Sundae!

What a weekend I had! Saturday night, I took photographs for a new recurring event called Variety Showcase Showdown. It was downtown at Club 606, a fairly new bar that is attached to Lipstick 24, where Creekside Lounge used to be. They are both small, intimate bars with a great outdoor patio and tons of awesome graffiti (I’m writing a book on graffiti, so if you know of any cool spots...holla!). The event is a Smörgåsbord of music, comedy, slam poetry, and entertainment. The video of the entire show should be up shortly, and after the events you are able to vote for your favorite acts so they can play again at a future date. Donations are accepted for the Groundwork Music Project. Follow the Facebook page for more information on when and where to be for the next show!








After a few hours of sleep I headed to work, and started a pre-birthday adventure immediately after clockin’ out. My friend has been trying to get me to try Indian food for the longest time and I’ve been hesitant because I don’t like spicy food. But, what better time to Say Yes, right? We headed over to Tarka Indian Kitchen on Brodie. I stuck to the vegan options and everything was great! We started with the Madras soup that was so creamy and delicious, I couldn’t believe it was vegan. I didn’t mind gulping down the whole bowl in the middle of this Texas heat. So. Good. I can see myself dropping by this place in the winter and stocking up. My friend had the Tikki Masala (with chicken). The sauce was so tasty! My entree was Aloo Ghobi, made with cauliflower, potatoes and spices. Everything was flavorful, vegan, and not spicy at all! I’m a fan.















Doc’s Backyard was right next door, so we grabbed a table on the patio for some after dinner beverages. I was hesitant at first, because the Doc’s Motorworks location has AWFUL service. But the service at this location was much better. I stayed local and had some Deep Eddy sweet tea vodka and then moved on to the ever delicious Superfruit margarita. They also have a huge playground for the youngins, so bring your kids by and relax with a drink and watch the game.





For dessert, we kept with the vegan theme and tried Sweet Ritual for the first time. I've actually already had one of their espresso shakes, brought to me by a friend, and HOLY CAFFEINE BATMAN! If you need to pull an all-nighter or have a midterm due, just drink down one of these. So, I have been drooling over this place since it opened, and was ecstatic to finally try it. I already knew what I wanted, so I tried to not get distracted by the menu. I went with the new Hot Fuzz sundae, complete with vegan donut holes. My friend got the Peanut Butter Cup sundae, pictured below! I completely recommend this place to vegans and non-vegans alike. They. Have. Edible. Glitter. Yeah, I'll be back. PS: It's inside the Daily Juice at Duval/45th St!




I love Say Yes Sundays!


No comments:

Post a Comment