Monday, October 29, 2012

Nod Your Head like a Yes Man!


Performing in Mortified was the highlight of my life! Or at least my weekend. The crowd had amazing energy and they made reading my embarrassing childhood memories much less nerve-wracking. They have chapters all over the US, so tell your friends! The next chance to catch a show is coming up soon, on November 4th at Fun Fun Fun Fest on the Yellow stage. After that, get ready for an angst-filled after-valentine's day extravaganza on February 15th and 16th, once again at the 29th St. Ballroom. I'll give you more info as it becomes available!

ACL Live is going to be slammin' for Halloween this year with Soundsystem Fest, bringing you Dirty Vegas, Classixx, and other world class electronic artists and DJs along with amazing sensory....sensations! Doors will be at 7pm and tickets are still on sale. Straight from the website: "It's a gamechanger, so come prepared for the biggest, baddest, sickest mind-blowing party in all of Texas....probably in the entire country!" Tickets start at $49 but I have two free tickets with your name on it if you leave a comment with 1) How you heard about Say Yes Austin or 2) Like or share Say Yes Austin on Facebook and leave me a link in a comment, showing me you did so, and I will pick a winner at random. See you on the dance floor! 




Don't forget you can still check out the coolest haunted house downtown, Ecopocalypse before hitting 6th street for all your shenanigans. Open at 6pm until the line ends! 


One of my favorite local bands, Armadillo Road will be playing Halloween night at the infamous Broken Spoke. Check them out from 6-8pm, stay for the dance lesson, and stick around for the next band at 9pm! 

Well, now that Halloween is almost over, it's time to think about Christmas. And Sufjan Stevens is one step ahead of us with The Surfjohn Stevens Christmas Sing-A-Long Seasonal Affective Disorder Yuletide Disaster Pageant On Ice on December 1st. It's already sold out, which is incredible, but I'm keeping my eye on tickets on Craigslist! What do you have planned for this holiday season? I can't wait for my annual Christmas movie marathon. 



We saw BILL COSBY Sunday night at Bass Concert Hall and it was amazing, of course. And he was all decked out in UT gear. I will be checking out another sold-out show this weekend, Taking Back Sunday at Emo's. Holla at your girl if you'll be out and about! 


My friends are running their second annual Bloody Balloon Battle, that I unfortunately have to miss this year, but that you should definitely donate to and check out. Check out the pictures from last year here! This battle will happen on Sunday, November 4th, 11am! 

You probably remember me gushing about This American Live, an improv show based on none other than This American Life, that I participated in earlier this year. The show is so well-put together it's incredible. In addition to improvised scenes, there are interviews, video and audio clips, monologues, and more that are all based on the topic of the evening. It was so amazing and so popular, it's back! It starts again this Friday, November 2nd. Check it out at it's new location, the Institution Theater, Fridays at 8pm. You'll thank me later. 


Enjoy your Halloween holiday, stay safe, call a cab, and say yes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment