Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Yes > No

I spent the past few months in hibernation, and saying "yes" just once last month has led me on a roller coast of positive emotion that I am still riding! It sounds so silly sometimes, but simply saying yes has changed my life in so many ways. I have met incredible people, performed on stages in a variety of shows, tried food I used to gag at, discovered new music, moshed in dumpsters, and won the life lottery. I am so thankful to the people in my life that have taught me every day is a gift. (Hi Mom & Dad!)

Now, enough with this ooey-gooey show of emotion. Here are some things I have said yes to lately:

My first trip to the Austin Farmer's Market! I sampled cheap delicious coffee, fresh cheese, chocolate, and lemonade. The downtown market is open year round, rain or shine, from 9am to 1pm. My favorite part was this wonderful surprise: The Austin Mandolin Orchestra.

Oh Austin, who knew?

Then I rode shotgun in a convertible named the Hottiemobile!

I listened to some Garbage! (A show I wasn't sure I would enjoy wholeheartedly that of course blew my mind! Saying Yes at it's finest!)

Tried a new place, G'Raj Mahal Cafe, to quench my new found love for Indian food!

Tried Hoover's for the first time. Veggies galore! 

Spent almost all of Saturday in a movie theater watching 2.5 hours of monster cartoons, and then The Master!

Sorry for the crappy camera phone photos, my D90 should be back in working order soon!

G'Raj Mahal Cafe is one of the cutest, most romantic places I have seen in Austin. I really want to go back and try them again, because the food was almost tasty, but needed something extra. So, next time I'll try a different dish. The service also started out well but we eventually had to get up and find our waiter to get the check after waiting for him to come by for about fifteen minutes or so. I'll let you know how it is next time we step in. If you try it in the meantime, BYOB, bring your own dog, and let me know what you think! 

I don't think I got the full Hoover's experience, as I just got the 3 Veggie plate, but the veggies came in huge helpings and filled me up!

I'll be back with some info on events to get you in the comedy and holiday spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment